2008年2月12日火曜日

Japanese characteristics




I took this picture in my hometown. There are a lot of sentence like English which is not correct English in Japan. “Unko” means “excrement” in Japanese. The owner of the house refuses people to let a pet dog defecate. Even if you find some strange words like English, do not surprise but enjoy the mistake.




I recommend foreigner to know about temples in Japan. There are a lot of temples in Japan and it is good way to experience Japanese culture through visiting to temples. Before visiting to temple, I recommend foreigner to study about temple because it will help you to understand and enjoy temple more.

1 件のコメント:

visual gonthros さんのコメント...

I like the unko photo - funny and interesting. I might like to read more about English usage in Japan.

The temple text was a little vague. You want to give more specific information and anthropological observations in your posts.

Please put your (new) title at the top of your blog layout. And turn on anonymous comments.

-scf